I’ve always been interested in The Honest Company and trying out their products, but the insane shipping price always kept me from going ahead. I signed up for their emails and when I got their Black Friday email deal offering me 50%, I thought this was a good time to start!
My order consisted of 204 size 3 diapers, 288 wipes and two hand sanitizers for only $65.91! These diapers and wipes are “natural, organic, sustainably harvested, renewable, pure raw materials” and with this price is CHEAPER than what I could buy Pampers or Huggies for. AND it’s delivered to my door!
The bundle consists of 6 packages of diapers and 4 packages of wipes:
The size/quantity chart was really helpful to tell if it was a good deal or not. The smaller sized diapers end up being the best deal because you get more within the bundle.
Here’s what I like about The Honest Company:
1. Makes for a “fun” diaper change. My two year old doesn’t like getting his diaper changed at all, so having him choose what print he’d like to wear gets him to easily lay down and makes for a struggle-free diaper change. We had ordered the sample in his size and he LOVED the “pirate” diaper.
2. No harmful chemicals or products. This is becoming more and more important to me. Yes, some people think that it shouldn’t matter since it’s just meant to catch pee and poop, but since I’m becoming more and more mindful of what I put INTO my children’s bodies, maybe I should be concerned on what I put on the outside too? Charles – my 7 month old – is especially sensitive and I have found that I can even use the wipes on his bum when he has a rash.
3. The wipes come in a close second! My absolutely favorite wipes are the Kirkland brand, but these come in a close second especially since they are delivered to my home. The only reason I like Kirkland a bit better is because they are a bit more moist.
4. You can easily postpone a delivery online. It’s as easy as logging into your account and changing the date on your next shipment calendar!
5. They have been working as over night diapers! I will love a diaper forever if it keeps my kids from leaking through over night. I’m not sure if my kids are peeing less or what, because these don’t have the same absorbancy as Pampers or Huggies, but they are doing the trick!
6. I feel like I’m kinda, sorta cloth diapering. The gentleness of the diapers and wipes make me feel better about not cloth diapering which is something I really wanted to do, but can’t stand the amount of laundry
7. They get shipped to my front door within a week. From the time I order until the time of delivery, it’s about a week.
8. There is usually a freebie they include when you order a bundle! Last time I got two awesome, natural hand sanitizers that fit perfectly in my purse and diaper bag.
The ONLY negative, is that they are expensive. I don’t think the price would be half so bad if the shipping wasn’t $20. Essentially you’re paying $25/week for diapers and wipes. Is that bad? It would be if you were paying that for Huggies or Pampers, but for a higher quality product? No, I honestly don’t think so.
We are going to give The Honest Company a go for a while and see how we like it. If you’d like to try, please sign up through my referral link!